The Early Church grew by welcoming others into a radically loving environment. We call this “hospitality,” and it’s our goal to make sure students experience the grace of God in our hospitality. So much of Jesus’ ministry took place around a table, and we seek to serve our students by providing a meal for them. Thank you for your part in helping our church serve this generation of believers as they try to figure out who Jesus is and what he has done for them.
If you want to contribute but can’t coordinate a full meal, you can of course donate to the youth budget to help purchase a meal! Any contribution is welcome and can be made in online giving (choose the General Budget fund and then add Youth Dinner in designation box) or by check (write “Youth Group Dinner” in the memo line).
- Plan on feeding about 12 people (the number fluctuates each week. Abby will let you know if she thinks this is going to be a lighter or heavier week).
- Drop off at the Gatliffs’ house before 5:00 p.m. on your Sunday.
- Meal with sides and/or dessert (see suggestions below).
- Water bottles are easiest.
- Check with Abby for paper plate/utensils/napkins for the week. Sometimes we have plenty already!
MEAL IDEAS! Here are some easy, great meals. We have a few students who eat gluten free — please let Abby know if you want to do something super gluten-ous so we can work it out!
- Breakfast for dinner
- Pizza and fruit or salad
- Barbecue and sides
- Publix chicken tray with fruit salad, mac ‘n’ cheese, etc.
- Taco bar
- Baked potato bar
- Chili bar
- Sandwich tray with chips and fruit or salad