The Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC) was elected by the Congregation at the February 2023 Congregational Meeting and began its work immediately. The PNC is currently in the process of determining several key points of information for both candidates and the congregation. This page will be your primary source of information for the committee’s work and progress, so check back regularly for updates as the committee’s work continues.
We are confident that with prayer, discernment and God’s leading we will find the candidate that God has chosen for this position.
– Laura Ray, Committee Chair – Cathie Bonner, Secretary
Pastor Search FAQs
How can I help? The PNC needs your prayer support. Please pray for the committee and the process, for the SHPC community, and for the pastor whom God is already preparing to receive the call.
Will the PNC be asking the congregation for its input? Absolutely. Be on the lookout for a survey currently being developed by the committee to guide us in our search.
How can I recommend a candidate to the PNC? You may contact any member of the PNC with your recommendation by sending an email or speaking to a member in person (see the list of committee members below). Please include the pastor’s name, current location, and contact information. Also please include your comments about why you recommend this person, their particular gifts and why you see this person as a good candidate for SHPC.
Will you be sharing with us some details about candidates? Due to the sensitive nature of the information that potential candidates share, as well as the identities of these individuals, we hope that you will recognize that a lot of the work carried out by the committee is confidential. We will make every effort to make you aware of our progress within the framework of that confidentiality.
Pastor Nominating Committee
The committee was elected by the congregation at the Annual Congregational Meeting February 5, 2023. The members are:
- Laura Ray, Chair (email Laura)
- Member since 2007
- CPA with Upstream Rehabilitation
- Elder; Finance Committee chair
- Cathie Bonner, Secretary (email Cathie)
- Member since 1983
- Physical Therapist & Clinic Director at Therapy South
- Mother of 4; “Bizzie” to Dallas, Emmy, Wren & Charley
- Mike Goodrich
- Member since 1957
- Served as deacon and elder; also special committees
- Married to Gillian 55 yrs; 4 children, 9 grandchildren
- Kristy Miley
- Member of Connected in Christ class
- Wife of Don
- Mother of Caitlin and Lauren
- Bart Lloyd
- Member since 1998 & reserve elder
- Husband of Lesley; father of George Emory, Branum & John Bart
- Attorney, Dir. of Compliance – Nathan & Nathan, P.C.
- Katie McDaniel
- Member since February 2023
- Three young children (ages 9, 6 & 4)
- Substitute teacher and avid gardener
- Josh Vick
- Member since 2013
- Wife Mary Margaret; children Charlie (5) & Annie (2).
- Previous service: Elder, Discovery class, CDC board, Stewardship.
- Kelly Blighton
- Member since 2015; deacon and elder, active in Worship Ministry
- Works as engineer for Fontaine Specialized
- Married to Casey; daughter Amelia (1); #2 due in April
Pastor Search Process Overview
Visit this section for a step-by-step view of the committee’s anticipated process.
Senior Pastor Job Description
This will be posted once it has been finalized by the committee.